Candidates for Membership on the Board of Education
At the May 15, 2018 Annual School Budget Vote and Election of School Board Members, there will be two (2) at-large Board of Education vacancies on the ballot. The two candidates receiving the highest vote totals shall each be elected to a full three-year term to commence July 1, 2018 and expire June 30, 2021. The seats currently held by Tyler Sullivan and Daniel Miess expire June 30, 2018.
If you are interested in running for a seat on the S-GI Board of Education, you may download the informational packet and petition by clicking on the link below, or you may pick up a hard copy of the packet and petition at the Office of the District Clerk located at 307 Newman Street, Springville.
A free workshop provided by the Erie County Association of School Boards is available for anyone thinking about running for a board member seat. Additional information on the free workshop is included with the informational packet.
Qualifications for School Board membership are:
1. Must be a qualified voter of the school district.
2. Must be able to read and write.
3. Must be a resident of the district for at least one year prior to the election.
4. Cannot be an employee of the Board of Education to which membership is sought.
5. The only member of your family (that is, cannot be a member of the same household) on the Springville-Griffith Institute CSD Board.
6. Not hold another incompatible public office.
7. Have not been removed from a school district office within one (1) year preceding the date of appointment or election to the Board.