At the May 21, 2019 Annual School Budget Vote and Election of School Board Members, there will be two (2) at-large Board of Education vacancies on the ballot. The two candidates receiving the highest vote totals shall each be elected to a full three-year term to commence July 1, 2019 and expire June 30, 2022. The seats currently held by Elizabeth Casey and Allison Duwe expire June 30, 2019.
If you are interested in running for a seat on the S-GI Board of Education, a petition and informational packet may be downloaded from the links provided below or a hard copy of the petition and informational packet may be obtained from the District Clerk in the Superintendent’s Office located at 267 Newman Street, Springville, New York, beginning on Monday, February 11, 2019, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Petitions must be returned to the District Clerk no later than 5:00 p.m. on Monday, April 22, 2019.
Qualifications for School Board membership are:
- Must be a qualified voter of the school district.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a resident of the district for at least one year prior to the election.
- Cannot be an employee of the Board of Education to which membership is sought.
- The only member of your family (that is, cannot be a member of the same household) on the Springville-Griffith Institute CSD Board.
- Not hold another incompatible public office.
- Have not been removed from a school district office within one (1) year preceding the date of appointment or election to the Board.
All petitions require at least 25 signatures from eligible voters of the district.
Qualified voters for signatures on the petition:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be a resident of the district for thirty days next preceding the election to be held on May 21, 2019.
All petitions are due to the District Clerk on or before Monday, April 22, 2019 by 5:00 p.m.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms Kathy Tucker, District Clerk, at 716-592-3230 or via email at email@example.com
There is a free workshop for Prospective Board Members sponsored by the Erie County Association of School Boards (ECASB) scheduled for Saturday, April 6, 2019 at the Erie 1 BOCES Campus located at Harlem Road, West Seneca, New York. For more information and/or to register for this free workshop, please call the Erie County Association of School Boards (ECASB) at 716-821-7297 or e-mail Hannah Michalek at the Erie County Association of School Boards at firstname.lastname@example.org.