Springville-Griffith Institute is excited to announce a new school tax collection process for 2018-19 which will include the option to pay with a credit card or with an e-check.
New School Tax Bill Process for 2018-19
1.) Mail to Lock Box (preferred)
2.) Pay Online (Link available after 9/15/2018)
3.) Pay in Person at 86 Franklin Street, Springville, NY
Springville-Griffith Institute School Tax Information
ONLINE HISTORICAL SEARCH: (Search Property Tax Database)
PAY SCHOOL TAXES ONLINE:
School tax bills for the 2018-2019 school year will be mailed to the home owners on or about September 15, 2018. Payment of school taxes must be made by check or money order, made payable to S-GI School Tax Collector. For your convenience, mail your payments using the pre-addressed envelope included with your tax bill using this NEW address: Springville-Griffith Institute CSD, PO Box 2017, Buffalo, NY 14240-2017. Payment envelope must be validated by a U.S. postmark on or before October 15, 2018 to be accepted as an on-time payment.
NEW this year! District residents have the option of paying their school tax bill in-person at the Concord Town Hall located at 86 Franklin Street in Springville. Please bring your original SGI school tax bill and a check or money order for the in-person payment. Payments will no longer be accepted at M&T Bank.
Tax information or questions:
Please contact the S-GI District Office Tax Collection Dept at 592-4948 for further information.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Wednesday 9:00am to 12:00pm
Payments are Due:
- The last day to pay school taxes without penalty is Monday, October 15, 2018.
- Payment envelope must be validated by a U.S. postmark on or before October 15 to be accepted as an on-time payment.
- NO partial payments accepted for Cattaraugus County taxes.
Payments after October 15:
- Erie County residents have until November 30th to pay their school taxes. On December 1st, taxes that are unpaid are returned to the County and added to the 2017 Town and County tax bill with additional penalties, unless they are paid DIRECTLY to Erie County by December 30.
- Cattaraugus County residents have until November 15th to pay their school taxes. On November 16th, the unpaid school taxes are added to the 2018 Town and County tax bill with additional penalties.
County contact information:
Erie County: www2.erie.gov/ecrpts/ OR Phone# 716-858-8333
Cattaraugus County: www.cattco.org/ OR Phone # 716-938-2224
If the homeowner is receiving a BASIC STAR exemption and purchased their current home prior to May 1, 2014, then the homeowner doesn’t need to register again for BASIC STAR; they will continue to receive the exemption.
If the homeowner purchased their home between May 1, 2014 and August 1, 2015 and did not apply for their STAR credit by the 2015 application deadline, they need to register for the STAR credit.
NEW applicants for the STAR exemption who purchased their home after August 1, 2015 need to register for the STAR credit. You may receive the same benefit in the form of a check under the STAR Credit Program.
For more information about STAR or tax levies, please call your local town assessor:
- Aurora – Richard Dean: 652-0011
- Boston – Sue Fitzer: 941-6113
- Colden – Dawn Martin – 941-5012
- Collins – Jeanne Ebersol – 532-4887
- Concord – Dawn Martin – 592-4947
- Sardinia – Thelma Hornberger – 496-8900 ext. 112
- Ashford – Dawn Martin – 592-4947
- East Otto – Jeff Forster – 592-2397
- Yorkshire – Robin Pearl – 592-4833