Springville-Griffith Institute School Tax Information
ONLINE SEARCH: SCHOOL TAX
School tax bills for the 2016-2017 school year will be mailed to the home owners on or about September 15, 2016. Payment of school taxes must be made by check or money order, made payable to S-GI School Tax Collector. For your convenience, mail your payments using the pre-addressed envelope included with your tax bill using this NEW address: Springville-Griffith Institute CSD, PO Box 2017, Buffalo, NY 14240-2017. Payment envelope must be validated by a U.S. postmark on or before October 17, 2016 to be accepted as an on-time payment.
NEW this year! District residents have the option of paying their school tax bill in-person at the M&T Bank location in Springville, NY. Please bring your original SGI school tax bill and a check or money order for the in-person payment.
Tax information or questions:
Please contact the S-GI District Office Tax Collection Dept at 592-3207
Monday – Friday 9:00am to 3:00pm
Payments are Due:
- The last day to pay school taxes without penalty is Monday, October 17, 2016.
- Payment envelope must be validated by a U.S. postmark on or before October 17 to be accepted as an on-time payment.
- NO partial payments accepted for Cattaraugus County taxes.
Payments after October 17:
- Erie County residents have until November 30th to pay their school taxes. On December 1st, taxes that are unpaid are returned to the County and added to the 2016 Town and County tax bill with additional penalties, unless they are paid DIRECTLY to Erie County by December 30.
- Cattaraugus County residents have until November 16th to pay their school taxes. On November 17th, the unpaid school taxes are added to the 2017 Town and County tax bill with additional penalties.
County contact information:
Erie County: www2.erie.gov/ecrpts/ OR Phone# 716-858-8333
Cattaraugus County: www.cattco.org/ OR Phone # 716-938-2224
If the homeowner is receiving a BASIC STAR exemption and purchased their current home prior to May 1, 2014, then the homeowner doesn’t need to register again for BASIC STAR; they will continue to receive the exemption.
If the homeowner purchased their home between May1, 2014 and August 1, 2015 and did not apply for their STAR credit by the 2015 application deadline, they need to register for the STAR credit.
NEW applicants for the STAR exemption who purchased their home after August 1, 2015 need to register for the STAR credit. You may receive the same benefit in the form of a check under the STAR Credit Program.
For more information about STAR or tax levies, please call your local town assessor:
- Aurora – Richard Dean: 652-0011
- Boston – Sue Fitzer: 941-6114 ext. 12
- Colden – Dawn Martin – 941-5012
- Collins – Jeanne Ebersol – 532-4874 ext. 108
- Concord – Dawn Martin – 592-4947
- Sardinia – Thelma Hornberger – 496-8900 ext. 112
- Ashford – Dawn Martin – 592-4947
- East Otto – Jeff Forster – 592-2397
- Yorkshire – Robin Pearl – 592-4833