To our SES Students and Families,
I want to let you know that you are all in the hearts and minds of everyone here at SES. I hope that you are doing well and staying healthy during this very concerning time. Student materials were delivered on 3/26/20. If you didn’t receive your materials for some reason, please contact me at 716-592-3204 so that I can make sure you get them. If you haven’t taken advantage of our meal program, please do so! The meals are awesome, and we really want to make sure our students have full bellies during this closure. Please continue to check my page for updates specific to SES and check the district page for district wide updates. Take care and I look forward to seeing all of you very soon.
-SGI Spirit Week April 6-10th
- Meal pick-up is now on Monday and Thursday of each week at the MS, Collins Center Fire Hall and Colden Elementary from 11am-1pm. Please fill out the meal form that is located on our district page so that we are well prepared for all of our families.
- To all students, please continue to keep your minds fresh by reviewing materials provided by your teachers. Also, use this time to investigate things that make you curious. For example, my daughters have always wanted to learn to play the piano, so using YouTube they have managed to teach themselves how to play a few songs and have then shared this with their friends via social media.
- It’s so important to stay connected with your classmates during this time. Send someone a positive message, a fun picture or virtual hug. Let’s make sure this virus makes our SES family stronger and more connected!
Pick-up and drop-off routines will remain the same as last year and I ask that all of our families exercise caution while drive in the back lot as student and their families will be walking in the area. Construction on the P-tech building will continue throughout the year so please be cautious of construction vehicles as well.
**NOTE: Any Changes to your child’s dismissal schedule must be made in WRITING prior to 11:00AM. You may email the office staff at: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Office Fax number 592-3264
- Permanent Pass Information 18-19
- Parent sign off sheet for dropping students in grades 3-5 off without parent home. Parent sign off Revised 10-2017
- PROCEDURE for Bus Pass and Dismissal (2) 8.17
- Please see attached online lunch program info.Lunch
- Please make note of the Virtual Backpack link on the SES main page.
- We will be attaching building/district documents to this page
Please note the new signs being placed outside the playground here at SES
Please continue to visit my page as I will update weekly.
Principal, Springville Elementary School
School Safety Improvements
In an effort to provide our students with the best safety and security, beginning February 1st we will require all visitors at SES to sign in and provide photo identification. Also, I’d like to remind our parents to please remain in the gym when picking up students at dismissal to ensure the dismissal process is as safe and secure as possible. These are simply additional steps in our effort to provided our students with the safest learning environment possible. ID notification
Dear Mr. Scarpine,
The valentines will be on their way to our soldiers overseas; who are protecting our freedom and that of other countries, and also to our local veterans through the VA clinic and American Legion posts. We hear from the recipients how touched they are to be thought of and to receive the kind, sweet messages from strangers who are thinking of them. There is no doubt that the valentines are meaningful and we’re grateful that you are a part of sharing a message of encouragement to the men and women who have served and continue to serve our nation.
It is my hope, that you will again next year, participate in the Valentines for Veterans Program and make a special card for a special soldier.
John J. Mills
Erie County Legislator – District 11